So, is your at symbol not working? Don’t let it bring you down!
Though it may be causing some inconvenience, there are a few simple troubleshooting steps that can help you get back to sending emails and messages in no time. Let’s work through it together and have that @ symbol up and running again, or find another way to generate at symbol without the @ button!
How do I fix my keyboard symbols not working?
No need to panic, my friend! If your keyboard symbols aren’t working, there are a few simple steps we can take to troubleshoot the issue.
- Make sure that the keyboard language is set to United States.
- Go to Control Panel then click on Region and Language, click on Keyboards and Languages and make sure it’s set to United States.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard driver.
How to make @ symbol without fixing the faulty button?
If the steps above don’t work or you don’t want to try them, don’t worry, there are some ways that you can still try to EASILY make the @symbol without using the faulty keyboard.
You can choose between these ideas:
Use the on-screen keyboard
- Take a look at the bottom left corner of your computer’s screen. Can you find the search bar that says “Type here to search”? That’s great.
- On that search bar, type “On-Screen Keyboard”
- Select from the search result “On-Screen Keyboard.”
- Once the on-screen keyboard is open, you’ll see a variety of keys, including the @ symbol.
- Click on the @ symbol, and it will be entered into wherever your cursor is currently located.
Try using an external USB keyboard
Here’s how you can do it:
- First, connect the external USB keyboard to your computer’s USB port.
- Once the keyboard is connected, it should automatically be recognized by your computer.
- You should now be able to use the external keyboard to type the @ symbol, which is usually found on the “2” key on standard US keyboard.
- Press Shift+2, and the @ symbol should appear.
Just copy and paste it
You know, if you do not want to try any of the tips above, you can simply copy and paste the @ button!
Go copy and paste it:
That’s it! I hope you don’t worry anymore about the at symbol that is not working on your keyboard because you have found another way to generate the symbol easily!